Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Break Adventure Part II: Bielefeld

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd return to Bielefeld this soon. A little over a year ago, I was freshly returned from the city, hoping I'd get the Fulbright (actually, hoping I'd get the Watson, but whatever).  Then maybe I could visit Bielefeld at some point in my journey. But as I stepped off the train, it felt like I'd never left. I already knew this place. It was comforting.

I enjoyed visiting with Pam, Michi, and Magda and revisiting my old stomping grounds. It was quite nostalgic. I got to see Tim Pote, a Hendrix Alum, who is interning at some engineering firm (I think). It still blows my mind that Tim is in Bielefeld, of all the places in the world. I guess this shows how Hendrix encourages its students/graduates to get out and see the world. We met up for coffee and dinner, and discussed Hendrix days and life as Americans in Germany. Our meeting made me realize how much I miss Hendrix.

During my visit, German weather quickly changed from the last remnants of summer, to full-on fall. So cold. But as a result, the beginning of excellent fall colors.


Overall, it was a lovely reunion and a nice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment